1754020 Members
7190 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO and alternate clients

David Douthitt
Occasional Contributor

iLO and alternate clients

I've tried using the following clients and OSes to get into iLO, and nothing seems to work right now:

* Mozilla (latest build) on MacOS X
* Opera (latest) on MacOS X
* Internet Explorer 5.2 on MacOS X
* Konqueror (from KDE 3.1) on Linux/i386
* Mozilla (latest) on Linux/i386
* Telnet on HP/UX 11.0
* Telnet on MacOS X

All have problems; none work sufficiently to give a Remote Console. IE 5.2/MacOS X won't even get beyond login screen; claims "Invalid User Login" and won't go any further.

Telnet (both on MacOS X and HP/UX) goes up one line when you press enter, then echos the username you entered back at you and just sits there.

This is with iLO Firmware 1.15 and a Compaq DL380 G2 or G3.

Is there any hope for using standard browsers with iLO or am I stuck using ONLY IE 5.5+ and ONLY on Windows?
3 REPLIES 3
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

This requires IE 5.5 to work. I've also seen info to indicate it can work with Netscape 6.2 or higher. Not sure what differences there are, if any, between Latest Mozilla and Netscape
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
David Douthitt
Occasional Contributor

Followup: the latest IE for Mac OS X is IE 5.2; IE 5.5 does not exist for Mac OS X.

Mozilla comes back with a Java Class Exception error when the Remote Console is opened, saying that a particular class does not exist. This from the 3/27/2003 build from CVS of Mozilla 1.4a (which reports itself as Mozilla/5.0).

Also, none of the problems or solutions relating to web browsers explains why industry standard UNIX telnet clients fail too. I did try Teraterm under Windows 2000, however, and it works fine.
Morten Lange
Occasional Advisor

I second this plea.

I can say that I managed to connect to the iLO console using telnet from a Linux ( Rd Hat 8.0 ) box, though.

Il add one concern here :I have not found any way from any iLO client to issue a SysRq keysequence.
SysRq is primarily used for debugging and distaster minmization AFAIK. Alt-SysRq-H gives help. Alt-Sysrq-s syncs disks etc.

See /usr/src/linux-2.*/Documentation/sysrq.txt

Best Regards,
Morten
Its a _N_Iceland