6302 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO arrived bad?

krisd443
Advisor

iLO arrived bad?

Hi,

We build a fair amount of servers based on HPE DL38x platforms (380s so far, but I think we have 385s ordered) and I ran into an odd issue while working on a new one yesterday. The iLO logs me in and functions normally for about 30 seconds, then stops responding (says that various options are not accessible and that the site may be down in my browser) until I reload it. When using the console, keyboard and mouse input seems to work but the buttons for power, virtual media, etc stop working in the same fashion.

We can't use this server like this. Is there a known issue with a fix for this, or should we just RMA it? I'd be happy to fix it if there is a way to do so reasonably, but I've updated the firmware, reset the ilo, even tried clearing the NVRAM by pulling the battery and holding power for a minute. Nothing has helped. Any suggestions would ba appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: iLO arrived bad?

What ILO firmware is running?

Should be 2.10 or 2.12.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
krisd443
Advisor

Re: iLO arrived bad?

Okay, it looks like it is only failing in Chrome. Strange, I've never seen this happen before, but it's only happening in Chrome - firefox works normally.. Tried clearing a lot of data from it but to no avail. Has anyone else seen this happen? I think Chrome just updated before I started seeing the errors, but there is no way to roll it back that I know of.

Bah.