108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO default settings

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gorbachov

iLO default settings

Hello Dear,

I have an big issue, we have ordered 3 iLO licenses for an 3 servers that are not licensed. They arrived but now I have to log to the interfaces and put the license, there is the issue. I have never set something on this iLO from the BIOS, and I don't want to reboot because this servers are production with high load and big uptime. Does the iLO have some default IP address or by default is set to DHCP so If i bring up some DHCP server the iLOs on this servers will take some address?
7 REPLIES 7
predrag81
Valued Contributor

Re: iLO default settings

First you must enable ILO if it's not, then in POST set ip address by pressing F8, but I don't know for default ip address or method to set ILO address without restarting server.
DHCP cannot give address itself to ILO.

KR
Predrag
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

By default the ILO uses DHCP.
In addition you can download and use the HPONCFG Utility and XML scripts from HP - it lets you configure the ILO without having to shutdown the server.
You'll need to edit up the XML scripts to make the changes you want.
Gorbachov

Thank you very much all try all this staff.
Gorbachov

Thank you Rob,

I have my iLOs configured without reboot! :)
GACORTES0002
Visitor

Situation: no network dhcp access , connect directly to ilo, no tag exist, what ip address for ilo, what userid and password????? have reset cmos... no access bios.....

BSeklecki
Advisor

Option 1 (Easy):  Use WIRESHARK on your connected laptop ; the ILO will try to ARP for its default gateway periodically; you will from there be able ot figure out the locally programmed network.

Option 2 (Easier):  Use the hardware reset button the ILO daughtercard.

~BAS

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

During POST press F8 when ILO appears, reset to defaults, set a fixed IP and a new password from there.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!