5816 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO evaluation key doesn't work after firmware upgrade

Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

iLO evaluation key doesn't work after firmware upgrade

Hi Proliant Gurus,

I am unable to apply the iLO evaluation licenses to iLO3/iLO4 servers (DL360 G7, DL360pG8, DL380pG8). I downloaded the evaluation key from software.hp.com (it is the same key for years). Recently I was able to apply the eval keys to two of the G8 servers but as soon as I ran the Update Manager 10.10 CD, iLO lost the license key (the update wasn't even started). Tried to reapply the eval key but can't apply the key again, it says invalid license key. The other G8 server which was running fine until I ran the HP Intelligent Provisioning. Within 10 minutes of the Int. Prov. boot started, iLO lost the licenses.

Then I copied the pre-installed iLO2 license key from P4500 Storage node and it worked on both G7 (iLO3) and G8 (iLO4) servers.

Referring to the other post: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/how-to-get-for-ilo3-port-license-key/m-p/5745489#M131530 It seems like there is a known bug in the iLO which can't take the eval key.

Has anyone faced the situation? Please share if there is a solution to it.

3 REPLIES 3
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Maybe your old license expired. I know eval licenses change every year and iLO only allows one eval key to be installed.

Thanks Oscar,

These are brand new servers, just came from HP and all work good until the firmware update CD/IP started. It appears that Smart Update Manager removes the iLO license and yes ofcourse eval license can't be applied twice. For now, I am not upgrading any server firmware until the servers installation completed, so I can use the eval licenses to remote console in and use virtual media. Once servers are ready to go production, I will update all the firmware.

Hope HP will fix the issue.

Zlika

Same issue here... a solution would be welcome.

Does anyone whether downgrading the firmware fixes the problem?

Insights welcome...

Z.