3506 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

iLO firmware version inventory via HP iLO PowerShell cmdlet

noufalkm
Occasional Visitor

iLO firmware version inventory via HP iLO PowerShell cmdlet

Hi, 

I want to collect the firmware version details for all HP servers (all Proliant DL model). I am using HP iLO PS cmdlet and it works for all the iLO 3 systems but getting error for iLO2. Is there any other method to collect the iLO firmware version details perticularly for iLO2 ? Kindly help.

I use the below command;

PS C:\Users\AdminUser1> Get-HPiLOFirmwareVersion -Server IPAddress -Username Administrator -Password ***********

IP : 10.0.0.1
HOSTNAME : AdminServeriLO.TestDomain.com
STATUS_TYPE : OK
STATUS_MESSAGE : OK
FIRMWARE_DATE : Jan 15 2015
FIRMWARE_VERSION : 1.82
LICENSE_TYPE : iLO 3 Advanced
MANAGEMENT_PROCESSOR : iLO3

Many Thanks,

Noufal

3 REPLIES 3
GokulKS
HPE Pro

Re: iLO firmware version inventory via HP iLO PowerShell cmdlet

Hi,

iLO Cmdlets does not work with iLO2 and below. Its only supported on iLO3 and above platforms.

If i am not wrong the version of cmdlets you are using is also old and you should use latest version that is 2.1.0.0 available on HPE web and Gallery.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

noufalkm
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Gokul for the reply. Is there anyway to collect the details for iLO2 systems ?

Best Regards,

Noufal

GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

I think you can try iLO tools like HPQLOCFG commandline tools which takes RIBCL scripts (XML) as input file and completes the requested operation like getting or setting iLO configurations. Sharing the link for how to use that tool https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03238803

Link to iLO2 scripting and commandline guide is here - https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03351064.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo