4110 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iLO - inaccessible from server

ITtelligent
Occasional Visitor

iLO - inaccessible from server

Hi community,

I have some odd behaviour happening with my iLO on a HP Proliant ML110 G7 server.

My iLO IP address is not pingable from within the server, nor is the web gui accessible or loading correctly.

At first I thought I had the incorrect IP details or settings. But I have been able to remote shell into it through Putty. I am not familiar with the command line and still would like my ilo product working correctly as it is intended to.

Installed software on this server is :

HP ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA Event Notification Service for Windows Server 2008 x64 Editions 6.32.0.64

HP ProLiant Array Configuration Utility for Windows 8.60.7.0

HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition for Windows x64 Editions 9.5.0.1009

HP ProLiant iLO 3/4 Channel Interface Driver for Windows X64 3.10.0.0

HP Version Control Agent for Windows x64 7.3.0.0

HP System Management Homepage for Windows x64 7.3.0.9

HP ProLiant iLO 3/4 Management Controller Driver Package for Windows Server 2008/2012 X64 3.15.1.0

hpacucli.exe 9.40.12.0

HpAHCIsr.sys 6.18.0.64

Can you please advise how I can get iLO working properly for me?

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@ITtelligent wrote:

Hi community,

I have some odd behaviour happening with my iLO on a HP Proliant ML110 G7 server.

My iLO IP address is not pingable from within the server, nor is the web gui accessible or loading correctly.

Can you please advise how I can get iLO working properly for me?

If your using iLO in shared network port mode you cannot access iLO from the server itself. You would need the optional dedicated iLO port to be able to access the iLO from the server itself

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
ITtelligent
Occasional Visitor

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your input.

It's the dedicated port. Not a shared port.

Least that's what my colleague informs me who went onsite to plug in the network cable. Should mention I am accessing the server remotely.

Is there a way I can see for certain if it's shared or dedicated port?

I've had some minor success.

Finally got the HP Config Utility to open. It does have server info (ilo DNS name, firmware, server model etc) in the ILO summary tab.

However making changes in the config shoots errors intermittently.

For example when setting static IP details and leaving the duplex speed settings to automatic. Get an error saying invalid duplex speeds.

Reset to factory default and to DHCP. Giving an IP of 0.0.0.0 

I've turned off the windows firewall.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=4154847&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4064

Installed the Server 2008 r2 firmware and drivers from the ilo 3 link. There isn't a SBS2011 option in the OS, but SBS11 should be reskinned 2008 r2 so that should be fine.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I'm pretty sure the hponcfg utility will show you if the iLO network is using dedicated or shared port

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
waaronb
Respected Contributor

Here are some additional questions to help troubleshoot:

1. Are you able to reach the ILO from another system besides the server itself?

2. Are the ILO IP address and the server IP address in the same subnet, or different?

3. Does your hosting provider have a firewall on the connection for the ILO, and your server's IP address isn't permitted?

I have one customer I work with where we host the server with Incero.  Great service since they provide a dedicated remote management port as part of the package, and that connection is firewalled by them so you have to use their management page to specify which addresses are allowed to reach the management IP.  I think by default they permit your regular IP address range, but other hosts might not do that.