ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753822 Members
9171 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iLO license needed

zunder

iLO license needed

</>hpiLO-> vm cdrom file://Nas1\temp\SW\XenServer\Citrix_Essentials_for_XenServer_HD_USB_SD_Installable_Image_5.5_600586_001.iso

status=2
status_tag=COMMAND PROCESSING FAILED
error_tag=COMMAND ERROR-UNSPECIFIED
Tue Apr 30 21:43:33 2013

iLO Advanced License required for this functionality.

An iLO 4 License key is required to use Virtual Media.

6 REPLIES 6
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

iLO license needed

Zunder, you should probably have started a new thread with your issue.

Do you have an iLO advanced license installed? If not, the answer is in the message from iLO.  You need and advanced license to use the scripted Virtual Media feature

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
anthony11
Regular Advisor

iLO license needed

If you want to just try it out first, if you look hard enough you can find a page on HP's web sites to generate a time-bombed trial license key.

nealgs
Occasional Advisor

i'm having problem with the Trial license key actually staying active on a DL360p Gen8 server.

I've applied it about 5 times now (after resetting iLo 4 to factory defaults) and each time the iLo Licensing status shows it installed and i can remote console fine - but after a while, it is lost and the status show Advanced - Not installed.

Have posted a new thread on this - so even if you get the Trial key it doesn't work - only had it 3 days (the key) and it will not stay active.

thanks

Gary

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

when you set iLO back to factory defaults it clears everything including any installed license key.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
nealgs
Occasional Advisor

thanks for that Jimmy Vance :D

I do realise that a factory reset clears everything including license info etc, what i should of said is:

In order to ensure that i'd installed the Trial license correctly, i've reset the iLO each time and then installed the trial license again.  If I try to install the license without resetting to factory, it says "this  license has already been used/installed" even though the license state is Standard licence.

So there is a bug somewere - i've updated my separate thread with info regarding going back to v1.10 of iLO firmware which appears to keep Advanced License state installed upto now.

thanks

Gary

srisajin

Hi,

I am trying to do linux upgradation using remote console.But its asking for advance licene.Right now license installed is a standard one. So for installing advanced license key,will I have to do iLO reset or system restart before or after the activity? I am going to perform this activity in live servers.Is there any down time required for this activity? Please give me a reply fast......