108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO web interface missing information

SOLVED
Go to solution
JDSafari
Occasional Visitor

iLO web interface missing information

Hello, i'll try to explain the issue as best i can. I had configured iLO on 2 DL360p Gen8 servers about a month or two ago. They are running ESXi 6.0u2. Today, one of the server fans was screaming, so I went to log in to see what was going on. One of the servers, I couldn't log in using the username and password I configured. I used the HPONCFG tool to create the user account again. I was able to log in, and found that the Fans, Temperature Sensors, and Power Supplies are "not installed." On the information overview page, the Product name is "Null" and serveral other fields show as "Unknown." Of course the iLO web interface for the other server is working just fine.

Anyone have any insight? I already reset the iLO, but I cannot restart the server until Sunday.

7 REPLIES 7
parnassus
Honored Contributor
Solution

Routine question: was the iLO4 updated to version 2.44 yet? ...not considering all other Server's Firmwares potentially upgradable (like SystemROM, Smart Array controller, NIC, etc.).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
JDSafari
Occasional Visitor

Well silly me, that's the first thing i should have looked at. The firmware revisions are the same for both servers. However, they are on 2.30. Next time I get a maintenance window, I'll update the ESXi drivers (ugh) and firmwares all around. If I still have a problem I'll post again.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Glad it worked!

P.S.

Since I read you're planning a ESXi maintenance window...will be interesting to exchange some opinions on what is best procedure to keep a ProLiant with ESXi updated (see my post here). I'm still figuring out what is the best/secure method to keep a ProLiant server running VMware ESXi updated at all levels.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
DanRobinson
HPE Pro

You can reboot the iLO (not the entire machine) by logging into the iLO and going to the Diagnostics section on the left side menu.

See if that helps.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Maclaine
Occasional Advisor

Hi JDSafari, I'm also currently experiencing this issue. Did you fix the issue by just updating the iLO Firmware? The iLO Firmware version of the server i'm handling is 2.30.

Maclaine
Occasional Advisor

Hi guys, were you able to fix the issue after the iLO? firmware update? or is reboot also needed.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

A server reboot may help, a complete power cycle (pull the plugs) does certainly help.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!