1752614 Members
4665 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

iLO

I disabled the iLo in BIOS using the F8 key trying to get Citrix installed. Later found the article to disable the driver in device manager. Now there is no option to enable the iLo. Does anyone know how to re-enable the iLo?

Thanks,

Rob
3 REPLIES 3
Victor Pendlebury
Valued Contributor

Re: iLO

Hi

You have to use the Security Override Jumper :

1. Power the server down
2. Remove the panel
3. Locate jumper J29 (use the pictures on label stuck on the panel) used for the Non-Override security option (Default) and move it from position front-center to position center-rear (it's a 3 pin jumper).
4. Boot the server up. You'll see again the F8 configuration option for the iLO
5. At next shutdown reseat the jumper on the original position

Vic
Rob Milman
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Vic,

I ran into another problem with the iLo on these servers. We are running Citrix Metaframe XPa and when we go Citrix Connection Configuration and add a new connection. Instant blue screen on every server. Disable the driver for the iLo and it works fine. Nothing on Citrix or Microsoft indicates that there is a problem with the iLo driver. I'm leaving it disabled until I hear otherwise.

Rob
Do your best!
Victor Pendlebury
Valued Contributor

Hi Rob

You have to disable the Ilo in the device manager until you have finished installing and configuring Metaframe .
If you re-enable the Ilo whilst modifying the Connection Manager it will indeed blue screen !

Please find attached a Customer Advisory regarding this issue .

Victor