1753415 Members
6958 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO2 info

pretzel

iLO2 info

Hi there. Is there any good documentation on iLO2 and how to use it from the command-line? (The iLO network isn't anywhere that can can be accessed from a web browser, or a windows box)

Specifically, I want to create a new user, and have that user be able to use the vsp. The commands:

create username=root password=password
set root group=admin,config,oemhp_power,oemhp_rc,oemhp_vm

doesn't seem to work (I can ssh in as the user root, but I get 'Vsp:Insufficient privilege for this operation'

Also, where are the functions of the various settings under /map1/config1 documented? Things like oemhp_interactive_console_replay_enable sound cool, but I have no idea what it does.
6 REPLIES 6
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: iLO2 info

What operating system are you using? (specifically on the host of the iLO2 in question)
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Hi, check ILO command line user guide here:

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00294268/c00294268.pdf

You can access the ILO IP though SSH or telnet protocols. Login as Administrator and the password that came with the server.
You should get a prompt: hpiLO->

pretzel

David - I'm running Redhat 4.6

vcespon - Thanks, but I don't see in that document where is sheds any more light on my questions. The procedure to add users is what I've already done, and it doesn't even talk about the properties in config1 (other then they're there)
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Pretzel:

You have the right syntax; there's just a little problem in the way it works. The workaround would be to use the RIBCL command language and the HPONCFG utility. HPONCFG will let you apply the XML config file to the iLO2 directly from the host OS. There are sample scripts for the use of RIBCL published and accessible from http://www.hp.com/servers/manage --> iLO2 --> Software Downloads
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

yes I agree with David command is OK.

mmm weird do you have the latest ilo firmware and I supposed all the privileges on that server?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
pretzel

Dave - Bummer that It doesn't work properly from within iLO.

I'll take a look at the hponcfg, but it will take a while since we don't generally have the required dependancies on the servers for ipmi.

I'll likely just wait 'till I can reboot the server and play around with it via the magic of the F8 key.