1752810 Members
5679 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iLO4 Virtual Drive ISO URL

kkpro
Regular Advisor

Well, I have DL360p Gen8. I tried to play with shared network port - for reasons unknown it works very unstable. I have a frequent disconnects from iLO web interface and a remote console. Yes, I'm using separate ip address for shared network port and my server is empty (has no operating system). Firmware is latest one (2.03).

The only option I have in shared network port configuration is: "Use Shared Network Port - FlexibleLOM".

According to manual, it means that it "uses an optional NIC that plugs into a special slot on the server". I have no such NIC.

For using built-in NIC, it must be (again, in manual) "Shared network port - LOM".

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@kkpro wrote:

Well, I have DL360p Gen8. I tried to play with shared network port - for reasons unknown it works very unstable. I have a frequent disconnects from iLO web interface and a remote console. Yes, I'm using separate ip address for shared network port and my server is empty (has no operating system). Firmware is latest one (2.03).

The only option I have in shared network port configuration is: "Use Shared Network Port - FlexibleLOM".

According to manual, it means that it "uses an optional NIC that plugs into a special slot on the server". I have no such NIC.

For using built-in NIC, it must be (again, in manual) "Shared network port - LOM".

The Dl360p Gen8 has a FLixibleLOM slot in the server. This port ships standard  with a 4 port 1Gb Ethernet module. That is what is referenced in the above text.  There are several options available for the FLixibleLOM.

The DL360p Gen8 server has a dedicated iLO port. The option is there to put iLO in shared port mode. In shared port mode iLO shares the 1st NIC port with the host OS.  depending what FlexibleLOM you have in the server you're going to have at least 3 or 5 ports on the back. One for iLO, and the rest for network.  iLO Dedicated port is the recommended usage.

Regardless of port mode, iLO functionality is the same (The only caveat is you cannot access iLO via the host OS when using shared port mode)

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

DL360pGen8:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c03244019

(6) is the dedicated ILO port

(2) are the LOMs (LAN on motherboard), depending what you have ordered; the port labeled "1" can usually used as shared for ILO. if you don't use the dedicated port

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!