6060 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

iLO4 default password

byte007
Occasional Contributor

iLO4 default password

Hi All,

I've just got a new ML 350p Gen8 server and I cannot find the default password but according to the iLO4 manual its ILOXXXXXXXXX where X's are the serial number, now I've tried this and the login fails, I'm using Administrator as username.

Does anyone who's had one of these servers know where I can find the default password?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: iLO4 default password

There should be a "toe tag" on the front of the server that has the serial number. The iLO password is also listed on this tag.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
byte007
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply, I'll check when I get to the office.

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

That toe tag has the server serial number on the top side and the iLO4 default password on the other side

Hi All,

Well I found this but it wasn't on a "toe-tag" but in fact stuck on a label on the underside on the server so I had to lift the heavy beast to which to my amazement I find it...who ever thought of that idea to stick it on a label underneath on the underside of the server needs firing!!  I looked everywhere but underneath!

Derek Balling
Advisor

You should also check: we've seen those poorly placed stickers, but (on DL series hardware at least) there's also usually a pull-out tab on the front of the server with that same sticker on it (it's not uncommon for there to be more than one of these stickers, because we've also seen that sticker INSIDE the units).

Just for future reference, there might be easier places to find it. Don't know about ML-series hardware, though.

Jyrki Kauhanen

It is in a sticker on the bottom of server.