1752801 Members
5878 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLo 100 DL140 remote media not function

Panikos Symeou

iLo 100 DL140 remote media not function

We buy Dl140 from Unitec as.
Since start the remote media for iLo100 on this server is not function trough internet.
Unitec as try to do it but not sucses.
Only once remote media was function after Unitec as try remote media trouhg cross cable form notebook.
Can you help us resolve this problem
Regards,
Veniavo Holdings
5 REPLIES 5
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

well if you succeeded using a crossover cable that means that maybe something is not properly configured public ip/gateway also check your firewall

trough internet can you at least ping the ip?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Panikos Symeou

I don't think so, becase,
once remote media was function trought internet after Unitec was try remote media trouhg cross cable from notebook.
Second (and next one) try start up from remote media was unsucses.
No problem connect remote media trought Ilo 100, but problems is read somethink from remote media.
T. Hiukkanen
Advisor

Hello, VH.

I investigated the same issue with a DL185 G5 (iLO 100), as virtual media did not work from behind NAT. Also, i couldn't find this spec on any HP document.

iLO 100 virtual media seems to
1. open TCP/5901 on the local computer
2. instructs the server to connect to this port

I temporarily forward ports 5900 to 5920 from my NAT external interface to my laptop internal ip, which makes virtual media work also from behind NAT.

Hope this was of some help.

Best regards,

TH

It's not just those models, and it's not just virtual media. On the DL160, no KVM functions will pass through a NAT gateway. The browser-based functions (SEL, power control, etc) work fine.

However, when a KVM session is called, the java component tries ot call the private (inside NAT) IP address, which is not routable. A quick 'netstat -n" shows a SYN_SENT to the private IP, and of course the connection times out.

This is the same issue that I reported back in 2006 with the ILO 2 KVM component (on our DL320 units). HP sent us a beta version of the firmware to test several months later, and eventually released the 1.30 firmware which corrected it for the masses.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00810282тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=125&prodTypeId=18964
TTr
Honored Contributor

> try remote media trouhg cross cable form notebook.

When they used the crossover cable and it worked, they probably used the default IP of the iLO. Most likely you can not route to this default IP from the internet nor from the local network

> is not function trough internet.

Normally you can't get to an internal server from the internet. How is the iLO connected to your network and has it been configured with a valid network IP? As I said, connecting with the crossover cable used the default IP which is not a valid network IP.