4055 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iLo 2 reset pw

battles
Occasional Contributor

iLo 2 reset pw

I've got an interesting question.

I've got 3 DL 380 G6s that have IPs bound to iLO (in some way)

When I browse to the IP in the servers browser, I get an iLO 2 login - great.

However, I dont have the password or login creds/

I've seen how you can reset it with the hpconfg - problem is - that folder doesnt exist on the servers.

We've acquired these with running guests so.... how can I reset this?

5 REPLIES 5
TTr
Honored Contributor

that folder doesnt exist on the servers.

Did you check under the \HP\HPONCFG path? Or "Start > Programs > HP System Tools > HP Lights-Out Online Configuration Utility"? If not,  It is a separate package that you need to download and install. (It's HPONCFG and not hpconfg).

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_53d259fa00604896b4384a0bd8

There is a iLO firmware version prerequisite too.

battles
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the response.

No, those folders do not exist.

So this utility looks like it doesnt require a restart - which is good.

How might I verify firmware version/requirement? The iLO login page on the server (iIP on the notes I have) - goes to "Integrated Lights-Out 2" So Im guessing - guessing. I meet the requirements of at least "Integrated Lights-Out 2 firmware v1.00 or later" ?

TTr
Honored Contributor

At this point without knowing the iLO IP you can not check the firmware without rebooting.

Download and install hponcfg and run it. What's the worst that can happen if there is a FW issue? It will not access the iLO properly. 

If the hponcfg does not help,, you'll have to use the iLO reset switch method, similar to the method for clearing the CMOS. Check in the user guide and other docs in here:

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home/?sp4ts.oid=1146658

battles
Occasional Contributor

I do know the iLO IP. I have an IP for each server that I need to reset the PW for. Each of those IPs direct me to the iLO 2 login page for which I have no credentials.

battles
Occasional Contributor

This is the screen I am presented with:

ilo2.PNG