1752571 Members
4818 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLo configuration on DL 380 running Server Core 2012 R2 Datacenter

Akawczynski
Visitor

iLo configuration on DL 380 running Server Core 2012 R2 Datacenter

I need some assistance. Our network is being changed and I have a HP DL380 Windows Server running Server Core 2012 R2 Datacenter. I was able to previously access the iLo through the web interface on this server. I worked with our network team to Re-IP the iLo from the web interface, then they plugged the connection into a new switch on a new vLan. I forgot to reset/refresh the iLo when doing so, and now cannot access the interface to this Server Core machine with the new IP. I had another Server Core machine and we did the same thing but this time I did reset/refresh the iLo and I was able to access the interface through the web. Great! So on the first Server Core, I suspect that by not doing the reset of the iLo led me to not be able to access it. Is there any way I can access the iLo settings to this Server Core to either put back the old IP and or/reset the iLo to have it use the new IP that has been set?
8 REPLIES 8
anthony11
Regular Advisor

Two ways:

1) Use hponcfg from user space

2) Reboot / powercycle, hit ESC8 (F8) on the console during POST if you have to reconfigure

Akawczynski
Visitor

I really want to avoid rebooting.

What do you mean from user space?

Thanks.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Load the 'hponcfg' program to the host OS. You can reset iLO from hponcfg without rebooting the server

Another option is to put another system on that switch and configure the network to be on the same subnet as the old iLO address. Connect to iLO using the old IP and reset

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Akawczynski
Visitor

I cannot load hpconfg to the host.  It gives me and error when installing... "the software will not be installed on this system because the required hardware is not present in the system or the software/firmware doesn't apply to this system. Is this because it is Server Core?

The IP is already changed I assume in the ilo on the host, so accessing it via the old IP is not possible.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I don't work with server core enough to answer.

The IP is already changed I assume in the ilo on the host, so accessing it via the old IP is not possible.

Isn't that what you needed accomplished in the first place? If the iLO has changed, shouldn't you be able to access it on the new network now?

Akawczynski
Visitor

Ideally, Yes, however when I changed the IP from the iLo web interface I failed to reset the iLo when it asked me to do so. So now its in limbo, I assume the new IP is set, just needs a reboot or reset again to "take".

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

If it is waiting to be reset, it should still be using the old address which is why I suggested temporarily putting another system on the same network as the iLO, but manually set the address to the old iLO IP subnet

Akawczynski
Visitor

I will try that and report back. Thanks.