1752544 Members
5038 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

iLo failure after firmware flash

ccoho
Advisor

iLo failure after firmware flash

After flashing firmware 2.5 to the iLo of all of my servers, one of them (ml310e Gen8) the ilo stopped responding.  i was getting messages in the system log of windows that ilo was resetting.  this was happening every minute or so.  I also cannot access the ilo page.  If I put a ping on, it will ping a few packets, then fail a few packets, then ping a few, etc.

The ilo config utility says it can't communicate with ilo.

I've tried a complete power cycle to reset the ilo but that didn't help.  I tried reflashing firmware (from within windows) but it fails because it can't communicate with the ilo.  I'm not on site, its a remote location so i have not tried flashing from a bootable support pack.

Any ideas?  It has to be from the firmware flash, is there any way to recover or is the ilo damaged?  thoughts?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
PWIT
Visitor

Re: iLo failure after firmware flash

We have something similar going on.    Started after applying SPP 2016.10.0 which included iLO version 2.50.

Models:  DL380 Gen9, DL360 G9, DL380p Gen8

It happened to 75% of the servers that were updated.  The iLOs would go unresponsive for 5 minutes up to a few hours at a time.   Then it got progressively worse.  They would stay offline longer and longer.   Whenever I would catch one online (using PingInfoView checking the whole list every minute) I would login and reset the iLO real quick.   Then I reverted them all back to 2.40.   It helped a little.  Now I have 50% of them going offline once or twice a day at an average of 24 minutes at a time. 

Opened a ticket with HP.   They had me send AHS logs from bad servers, good servers, different models, etc.

Now I can't get a response from them.

If I learn anything more I will post it.

ccoho
Advisor

I appreciate that... Unfortunately I can't access the iLo interface even when pings are responding.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

This may help:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04996097

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
ccoho
Advisor

No luck so far, unable to reflash firmware remotely any way I've tried.  I'm hoping when i can get on site I can boot into a recovery environment like HP SUM or the intelligent provisioning menu and reflash it that way.