ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752587 Members
4107 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLo not responding in Internet Explorer DL 380 G5

RayRayRay

iLo not responding in Internet Explorer DL 380 G5

I was able to logon iLo via Internet Explore (IE) two days ago and the server worked perfectly.

Today, I tried entering to the iLo via IE again. However, the browser kept searching for 10 seconds and finally returned "The page cannot be displayed".

I can ping that iLo address in cmd. All physical lights on the server are OK too. Just the IE cannot access the iLo.

I have an urgent task to perform in this server. I really needa access the iLo via IE, what can I do?

How can I reset everything to default? I have more than 50 HP servers on site, never have this strange problem before. Thx
4 REPLIES 4
RayRayRay

Additional info:

All applications running in that server are running ok. The only one issue is that I cannot access the iLo using IE. I can even putty it, just the IE displays "The page cannot be displayed".

Help. A bit urgent. Thanks guys. I dun mind reset all things to default. Please tell me how.
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

try IE 7 instead of IE8, additionally if this do not work go to IE tools-options-advanced-and enable ssl 2.0 and 1.0.

make sure you are not behind a proxy

let us know the resutls
RayRayRay

First, thx for your prompt reply.

I think it is not related to my IE setting because I can access other servers' iLo, and I could access that server's iLo a couple of days ago.

May I know the methods to reset the iLo to default? If I just pull out the wire, will the iLo be reset to default?

Million thanks
MattLavallee2
Frequent Advisor

If you have the iLO configuration utility installed in the OS (Windows?), you can prompt a iLO reset from there. I've only seen this happen a couple of times, and usually due to a firmware upgrade (two revs back, if I recall correctly). Also make sure that you're at the latest firmware and drivers -- there's been a rash of bad updates between 1.8 and 1.11.2.

-Matt