cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLo2 ML350g5

JoeBert
Visitor

iLo2 ML350g5

I am unable to iLo-restart an ML350 G5. I have enabled an evaluation licence  to activate Advanced options, and updated the iLo's firmware to 2.15 (current).

"press and hold" and "momentary press" are the only power options available, there is no "cold boot" option.

Advice to diagnose, and therefore cold boot server remotely, would be warmly appreciated.

2 REPLIES
David_Schwartzs
Honored Contributor

Re: iLo2 ML350g5

Right now the server is in Standby (Off) mode. "Cold Boot" and "Reset System" options aren't available when the system isn't online and booted.

If you want to boot the system, just click "momentary press" to virtually press the power button and turn on the system.
Regards,
--
David Schwartzstein
IT Channel Sales Expert / Solutions Architect

Currently looking for my next opportunity - http://www.linkedin.com/in/pctechyoda

If my post solves your problem, please kindly take a moment to mark my post as a solution. Thank you.
JoeBert
Visitor

Re: iLo2 ML350g5

Thanks for taking the time to assist, but it seems the problems run deeper, I'm afraid.

Neither of the two available power options elicit a response, and iLo home screen's 'system health' is 'unknown'.

The only other topic I could find with possible relevance pointed in the direction of potential mainboard issues. The IML logs alternate between 'valid data in array accelerator' and 'accelerator battery charge low' - the latter of which is perhaps to be expected. The server has been periodically shutting down.

At this time, an unreported hardware issue or other issue such as thermal shutdown appear to be things I'll need to pursue.

Again, thanks for the reply.