cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilo 3 won't accept remote keyboard input during post

Clintonprentice
Occasional Contributor

ilo 3 won't accept remote keyboard input during post

Hi I have a dl380 g7 which is in the data centre and I need to rebuild it. This is the only server I have this issue with. If I http to the ilo and connect and launch the remote console and then power on the server I can see the post. However if I press f9 or f8 or anything it won't accept the input. If I let the box pass post and launch os I can type in the login screen. It's ilo 3 and today I updated the firmware version to the lastest on the hp site. Still the same issue, I have tried from a laptop, a desktop, diff keyboards and diff browsers. It still won't accept f8 or f9 etc. I need to get into bios to make it network boot or boot from cd. Any ideas why it won't accept key strokes. As I say it's only this server and I have configured Lot of ilos, and connected many times and done the same thing to the others I have at the dc. Any help would be great. If I can't fix this. Is there any other way to remote change the bios boot order. Thanks And yes the window has the focus while hitting the keys. :)
5 REPLIES 5
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Re: ilo 3 won't accept remote keyboard input during post

Did you make changes to USB settings in the System ROM?

Have you tried resetting the iLO from within the web interface?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! Accept or KudoI work for HPE
Clintonprentice
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

How?

Ilo won't accept key presses and I am miles away from the dc.

Clintonprentice
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Thanks yes have reset multiple times. Then updated firmware as thought that was the issue.
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

iLO emulates USB keyboard/mouse. 

If you by mistake disabled USB in the system ROM then, the ROM won't be able to recognize the iLO keyboard/mouse during POST. 

But, the OS on the other hand, will still see iLO Kb/mouse during initialization and the OS will load drivers for them.