ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752587 Members
4213 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ilo hp ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host when ssh'ing to iLo interface

Russell Cecala
Occasional Contributor

ilo hp ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host when ssh'ing to iLo interface

Hi,

I get 'ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host' errors when trying to ssh to my Ilo interface. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: ilo hp ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host when ssh'ing to iLo interface

Your hardware model + generation and iLO firmware version number?

Connect to the iLO using the web GUI and check the firmware version. Go to http://www.hp.com/go/support and search for downloadables for your hardware + OS: you will find the iLO firmware update packages among them. Read the release notes. Update if necessary.

Some iLO firmware versions had some trouble with some features of SSH. If you must get a SSH connection with your current iLO firmware, try temporarily disabling all unnecessary SSH features in your client, like X11 forwarding, SSH agent forwarding, and SSH key authentication if you are going to authenticate with a password.

MK
MK