108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ilo ip protect

SOLVED
Go to solution
HP_surfer
Occasional Advisor

ilo ip protect

Is it possible to give only a certain ip number access to ILO 2 running on a server?
Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: ilo ip protect

sorry you mean static IP? or what?

in that case you can do it, just assign the staic IP and disable DHCP.

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
HP_surfer
Occasional Advisor

Thanks. What I want is the ILO feature to be only be reachable from 1 ip number and not be reachable from other ip-numbers. In the standard set-up, ILO on the server is reachable from any ip number. I don't want that. Is it possible?
Thanks.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

yes static IP

take a look here, page 62
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00553302/c00553302.pdf

disable DHCP
and add the ip you want to use for your ilo and other parameters

regards

is that what you mean?

HP_surfer
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your time Karlo. Sorry, I think i am not asking the question right. Let me try again.
In for example windows 2003 server, it is possible to give ip numbers access to a specific port and others not. (windows firewall). What i want is that people on other machines, can not reach the ilo pages if they enter the ip number of the ilo port/address. They shoud not be given access in any way. Only my ip number has access to the ilo-2 configuration utility, the ilo-2 has of coarse a static ip on the server.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

well I think that is impossible if you have 192.168.1.234 configure in your ilo and someone type that ilo is going to appear on the screen so the only way is creating users with their own privileges, and always protect using password.

or using any software to create permissions like iptables (linux) ISA (windows) or access-list router cisco, using those you can create a rule to control the access to ilo page

regards