4909 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ilo4 no response

bubade
Occasional Collector

ilo4 no response

Hi,

I have a DL380Gen8 in my homelab and having some issues with ilo4. It can get an ip from my dhcp and start to reply back to pings. When it starts to reply back to ping on initial poweron, you can get to the web ui but after around 20sec, webui stops responding and stays like that. Then when the OS boots up (RHEL7), I run the command hponcfig but it complains about the connection to the ilo. See below

hponcfg | grep Firmware

ERROR: CpqCiCreateFunc() 0 time failed.
Driver Error Code:(1,1h).
Driver Error Message: CPQCIDRV driver is not loaded.

ERROR: CpqCiCreateFunc() 1 time failed.
Driver Error Code:(1,1h).
Driver Error Message: CPQCIDRV driver is not loaded.
ERROR: A general system error occurred while detecting Management Processor.
ACTION REQUIRED: Check if iLO and iLO driver are up and running.

The ilo version shown in the web is 2.30. I downloaded the 2.72 (firmware-ilo4-2.72-1.1.i386.rpm ) however it still shows (in the initial 20sec) as 2.30 so assuming that OS cannot communicate with ilo as said in the error above. The initial 20sec is not enough for updating it from the web. Note that pings always work.

What shall I do?

3 REPLIES 3
bubade
Occasional Collector

BTW, I am seeing logs in the console like below continously:

hpilo 0000:01:00.2: Open could not dequeue a packet

bubade
Occasional Collector

Anyone with any ideas? what / how to check things at least?

Sanilk
HPE Pro

Hi Bubade ,

What is the AMS version installed in this server ?

Kindly install the latest  Agentless Management Service and  check the functionality .THe same is available in the following link ;

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_f295ba5d74b9489186b8a19268

Also it seems like  you are trying to upgrade the ILO from a very old version to (Version:2.30 (1 Oct 2015) to a latest version (Version:2.72 (20 Dec 2019) directly .

Kindly , reset the ILO from ILO GUI Console and try to update ILO version from 2.30 to 2.50 then 2.55 then 2.60 and to the latest version and check the ILO functionality .

All the ILO firmware versions are available in the revision history . For example , the following link shows the ILO revision history of HPE ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server ;

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_84b8360ec9734362bab837f82b&swEnvOid=4176#tab-history

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo