5842 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ilo5 Remote Console POST Messages

_M_P_
Occasional Collector

ilo5 Remote Console POST Messages

Hi,

I'm connecting to a DL360 Gen10 and watching the server boot via the Remote Console (HTML5). Where can I go to find out what all of the "POST Code : xxxx" messages mean? eg: "POST Code : 0034"

I've done the usual searches but I've not found anything so far.

TIA

M

5 REPLIES 5
Anu_K
HPE Pro

Hello,

I found the document regarding the POST Error codes you may see when server has any issue (https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c01702138) but unfortunately I did not find any document on generic POST codes which comes up in remote console screen during the startup sequence.

Note: "While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company."

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

_M_P_
Occasional Collector

Hi,

Thanks for the link but unfortunately that's one which I've found several times already in my attempts to decode the messages.

I'm keen to get the details on the correct "POST Code" messages, so I can understand what's causing one of our servers to start up significantly slower than our other servers. The messages of interest are:

* POST Code : 0032

* POST Code : 0034

* POST Code : 003E

TIA

M

Sebasbin
HPE Pro

Hi,

I did not find any generic POST codes which is showing during the startup and i can see only below POST error code document 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c01702138 

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

_M_P_
Occasional Collector

Thanks for the reply but that's the same link as posted above.

M

_M_P_
Occasional Collector

Anyone able to shed any light on this?

Annoyingly, I know the information exists, as I used it last year but I can't locate it now.

M