Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install netware 6.5 on ml310g3

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joakim_2
Advisor

install netware 6.5 on ml310g3

Hi, I'm about to install nw6.5 on a new proliant ml310g3.
I've followed the instruction on hp's web:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&;cc=us&;taskId=115&prodSeriesId=1119042&;prodTypeId=15351&objectID=c00730877

but the driver won't load. I can't seem to get the driver installed. I've got 2 disks on slot 00 and 01. When the driver is installed it suggests slot 10014 and/or 10019 but neither 0,1,10014 or 10019 works. Anyone who has been succesful installing on this machine with two disks in mirror? (made the mirror in raidsetup before installation)

regards
5 REPLIES
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: install netware 6.5 on ml310g3

HP Embedded SATA RAID Controller Driver for NetWare v 6.75 provided on HP site is wrong so don't use it! (I have open case about this issue three weeks ago but no any answer from tech support yet!) But solution is very simple - use driver from Novell site: http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/ You need ADPAHCI.HAM

BR, Oleg.
Joakim_2
Advisor

Thx m8.
Sat down yesterday and tried a couple of
drivers on that page and found that the one u mentioned worked fine.

Have a nice weekend. /J
MichiganTravis
Occasional Visitor

What was your method of installing drivers? I tried adding the drivers to the driver folder by editing the netware 6.5 iso but then would lock up after attempting to install. I have a DL320 but similiar symptoms not finding right drivers. Also trying to use raid 1 with two sas drives and no floppy. Thanks, Travis
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

Driver is on diskette. But ADPAHCI.HAM driver is for embedded
SATA RAID integrated controller with SATA disks only. SAS HDDs are only supported with optional SAS HBA or RAID cards. You need another driver. What type is your storage controller?
BR, Oleg.
MichiganTravis
Occasional Visitor

Hi, thanks for the response I am just about ready to send it back but will give it a few more days. I am using a HP Smart Array E200 for the controller card. I did get that driver loaded but like you said wasn't the right one. Thanks any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Travis