Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing a HP 6 Port SATA RAID ALL on a proliant ML110

Frederik Bisback
Occasional Visitor

installing a HP 6 Port SATA RAID ALL on a proliant ML110

Hello

I have a Proliant ML110 G2 server, with no floppy disk in it. I would like to install the 6 port SATA raid controller on the server with the OS Windows 2003 server.
I have connected a USB floppy drive on to the server with the last version of the drivers copied on to the floppy. When trying to install the OS, after pressing F6 I find the Adaptec drivers and the installation start of the Windows server. But at a particular moment the installation asks again for the drivers on the A drive. But when I click ENTER nothing happens. What must I do to solve the issue? Can I add the drivers on to the Windows 2003 CD, somewhere?
This is urgent, can somebody help me?

3 REPLIES
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: installing a HP 6 Port SATA RAID ALL on a proliant ML110

Frederik Bisback
Occasional Visitor

I have setup the ARRAY RAID with the [CTRL] + [A] function. The array is perfect created. The problem is when is try to install Windows 2003 server on the machine. The setup asks for a second time the driver diskette on the USB floppy drive but then the setup doesn't recognize the floppy.

Frederik Bisback
Occasional Visitor

I have installed a floppy disk (IDE) and set the floppy active in the BIOS of the machine. This solved the problem, the installation of the server has been completed. This case can be closed.