ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748145 Members
3593 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

installing sco 5.0.7 on ML310 g5

Tony Hargreaves

installing sco 5.0.7 on ML310 g5

The server has a SC44Ge adaptor attached to the hot swap cage containing a single disk. There is a SC11xe adaptor with the DAT tape attached. My problem is that with both cards in the SC11xe sets it self up ad HBA0 and the SC44Ge is HBA1 which means I cannot install sco as the hard disk needs to be on HBA 0. Is it possible to configure these the other way araound as I have not found any option to change this setup.
2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: installing sco 5.0.7 on ML310 g5

Hi Tony,

It sounds like the SC11XE is being found first in the PCI bus scan. If the controller has INT13 support,(which it does) then this can override the system board BIOS boot order setting.

Try moving the SC11XE to a PCI slot higher than the SC44Ge (Ctowards the centre of the system board) or making sure the SC44Ge is in the lowest PCI Express slot position nearest the edge of the system board.

Ideally if the SC11XE BIOS allows you could disable its boot capabilities by entering its setup utility via F8 during POST. INT 13 support is not required if you only have tape drives attached. (It's either called BOOT ENABLE or INT 13 ENABLE).

The problem is not uncommon (Please see attached HP customer advisory).

I hope this helps.

Brian

Tony Hargreaves

Re: installing sco 5.0.7 on ML310 g5

I have tried moving the cards around and get the following -
SC44Ge in slot 3 -(lowest available)
SC11xe in slot 7
during boot sc11xe detected first and sco unix driver see it as hb0

SC44Ge in slot 7
SC11Xe in slot 3
during boot SC44GE is detected first but sco drivers still have SC11Xe as hb0

There does not seem to be a setting in the SC11Xe configuration to turn of the boot rom. This is getting desperate as this is to replace a failing sco server. If anyone has any other ideas?