Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing software updates

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

installing software updates

hello people,
We have five compaq servers here of various models. One of them is a proliant 2500. A few weeks ago I was doing the software updates on all the compaq servers.....installing the software available from the compaq support section. I was installing the compaq support paq on all the servers. Four of them installed fine, at the end I had to reboot and the servers were working just fine. However, the 2500 came up with an error saying something like "boot device not available". This messed up that whole server and I had to reinstall it from scratch. Needless to say this really made me angry!
Does someone know of this problem? Or maybe heard of it? What caused this??
The 2500 we have is the rack model with the scsi array of six harddrives...if this helps. I feel it was a driver issue.....but it didn't give you a chance to reset it or configure that thing!

Thank you,
Oskar
2 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: installing software updates

Oskar, Was the message Inaccessible_Boot_Device and a Blue Screen from the OS. If so, the drivers were updated but the boot device was not. Corrective action would be to Update the System Configuration Utility (SCU)on the server, Flash the Rom on the server and array controller. Run the advanced mode of SCU, clear NVRAM and then use the same utility to reconfigure. The unit should then boot.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: installing software updates

please, how can i flash the ROM