cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing win2003 on DL320 800

Kevin Emmrich
Occasional Visitor

installing win2003 on DL320 800

I just re-loaded win2000 on my dl320 and it looks like some kind of trojan was introduced that my virus SW can't find. OR, I just left some port open that is allowing unusual traffic.

I have decided to try and load windows 2003 on it and it "seems" that win2003 might not be supported. That is OK as long as I can actually load it on. Are there any instructions on doing this. My smartdisk cd/floopy does not allow 2003 to be chosen as the installed software. I did a search first, but could see any specific answers yet.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
5 REPLIES
Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor

Re: installing win2003 on DL320 800

Hi Kevin:

you can install windows 2003 on this server if you like

- make sure it is over 500mhz procs and about 512mg ram min.

- you will have to do manual install
- what array or scsi controller are you using.

- You will have to HIT F6 at start of windows load to provide the drive for the Smart array controller or scsi controller

- if this is ML320G1 then Smartstart dosenot support windows 2003 install as assisted install.

- in the bios make sure that windows 2000 is selected as o/s

- If you want to use the smartstart during manual install select "other" for the o/s .

- Make sure that the firmware is up-to-date on the server hardware.

Best regards,

Tarek.
Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.
Kevin Emmrich
Occasional Visitor

Tarek,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll check out the info you mentioned this weekend and make sure I have what I need.

Thanks for now,

Kevin
Kevin Emmrich
Occasional Visitor

OK, So I placed the 2003 SP 1 CD and I seemed to have install 2003 Std Edition on the DL320 800. I also ran an update file from Compaq (Proliant Supprt Pack). However, my bios still reads from the year 2000. Do you know where the proper files are to install a later BIOS. I looked around, but couldn't find it (and yes I am a novice!).

Thanks in adcance,

Kevin
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

Kevin,

You could download all the Drivers and other Software for Dl320G1 server for windows 2003 from the following link:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_1234.html

To update the BIOS with the latest version. Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP ProLiant DL320 :
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17202.html

Regards,
Raj.
Kevin Emmrich
Occasional Visitor

Raj,

Thanks, after I posted that, I did another query and found that link. Thanks for jumping in.

Support/help is very good here!

Kevin