1752564 Members
4740 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: installtion in array controller

deepk
Occasional Contributor

installtion in array controller

hp proliant dl 180 g6 server showing ..0%read and 0%right after creating raid...abd array accelaration is also showing no..
5 REPLIES 5
TTr
Honored Contributor

Which controller do you have? You need to have the cache memory BBWC option to be able to setup the array acceleration.
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Has the array creation actually completed?

After configuring the RAID settings, the system spends quite a while actually synchronizing the data between the physical disks of the RAID array. During that time, you can use the server as normal, but disk performance will be less than expected because part of the disk bandwidth is going to syncing the array. It is also overwhelmingly sequential work, so it is not likely to produce any cache hits.

Is your system equipped with a backup battery for the RAID cache?

While the battery is being charged, the write cache is disabled, to minimize the amount of data loss if power is suddenly lost. When the battery has sufficient charge, the write cache should be automatically enabled.

MK
MK
deepk
Occasional Contributor

HP Smart Array B110i SATA Raid controller....i am using..this model not comes with battery...but this is showinh controller status that array acceleration is no ..and cache is 0%read and 0%wright....
TTr
Honored Contributor

The B110 is the built-in SATA raid controller and does not have any cache memory so you can not set up any acceleration for the array.
deepk
Occasional Contributor

that is ok but it should not show 0%read 0%wright.....is it..if it is 0%read and 0%wright then how can i change this