Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intallation impossible 2008 server on ml350 G4P

prEV
Occasional Visitor

intallation impossible 2008 server on ml350 G4P

hello
I try to install Server 2008 Standard on a server ML350 G4P
I use: SmartStart 8.30 x86, I selects: Windows 2008 Standard X32 ... everything goes well ...
will restart the server ...
is written on a command line "x: \ windows \ sytem32> initialization wpeinit"
and after error: x: \ windows \ system32> c: \ hpssbem.exe
the sytem can not find the drive specified.

why?
help me please

Nico
1 REPLY
Sheanshar
Advisor

Re: intallation impossible 2008 server on ml350 G4P

To what controller the drives are connected to?
Is it an embedded controller or PCI card?

Check this out

Release Date: 2010-04-05

Last Updated: 2010-04-05
DESCRIPTION

When performing a SmartStart 8.40 (or earlier) Assisted Installation of Windows Server 2008 on one of the ProLiant ML3xx or DL3xx servers listed under the Platforms Affected section below, the installation may stop responding.

This can occur if a Smart Array Controller that is not the primary (boot) controller is incorrectly seen as the primary controller. When this occurs, an error may appear stating that the partition was not found, or Disk Administrator may display a disk configuration that is unexpected.
SCOPE

Any ProLiant ML3xx or DL3xx server (listed under the Platforms Affected section below) that is configured with multiple Smart Array Controllers and performing a SmartStart 8.40 (or earlier) Assisted Installation of Windows Server 2008.
RESOLUTION

When this occurs, disconnect all secondary (non-boot) storage to allow Windows Server 2008 to install to the intended Smart Array Controller storage. When the installation is complete, all secondary storage can be reconnected.

This will be corrected in a future version of SmartStart. This advisory will be updated when more information becomes available.

Let me know how it goes ...