1752570 Members
5130 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: internet service screen size

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

internet service screen size

I have put on a software for peoplepc. The company referred me to compaq for further information. I cannot adjust the screen size of the web page to fiit the monitor. I have tried all the suggestions of the technician at Peoplepc. Any answer for me?
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Don't really know what you mean here... Resizing a window is just a matter of either dragging the edge of the window or clicking the "X" at the top right corner. Otherwise, can you tell me what browser you have?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your response. Since I am quite new to the computer, I will describe the problem as best I can. You may have to use your imagination or ask further questions for clarification.

here's the problem:

On the prosignia 200 computer, the screen for peoplepc internet program is too large for the monitor. When I called the internet co, they told me to go into "my computor" go to "screen" or "display" and go into "settings". They then told me to reset the pixels to a midpoint on the display bar. This did permit me to have access to the "go" button on the screen to get me on line. but the screen is still too large. Perhaps the best way to describe it is that I can never see the whole screen on the monitor. With the mouse I move the cursor all the way to the left, or right or top or bottom--and the rest of the screen in the area I move the cursor is visible, but if I move to the right, the left disappears, if I move to the top, the bottom disappears, etc.

Beside this I must reset the setting each time I want to go off-line and use my computer for other purposes.

When I went to a Hewlet Packard computer where we also have Peoplepc, the screen needs no adjustment and fits on the monitor which is the same size as the one I am using now.

The people pc tech walked me through different settings and nothing changed. They told me to call compaq, but I can't get through the telephone system to talk to a live human being--you are the closest so far!

So, any advise?

thanks,

Sr. Gerri
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Secon reply to Ron--You asked me what kind of browser I have. What does that mean? And How would I find out what kind I have. I told you I am new to computers.

Thanks, again.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi..Gerri,

It looks like you got problem with the display settings in the NT.Goto control panel & open display settings.Chage the display type to 1027X768 and change fonts to Small Fonts.Change the monitor type to standard SVGA 1024X768 monitor.

I strongly believe that your display settings & desktop settings are mismatching.They must be same for the display to appear in one screen.Also try 60 HZ refresh time in display settings.