cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

it's weird

professordites
Occasional Advisor

it's weird

okay, i'm trying to do system recovery. i did the instructions as said, but it says ''disc read error, press any key to continue'' so i do that, but then the following message shows up stating ''hard disk not found, cannot continue system recovery, press any key to continue'' when i press any key, it just keeps giving me that same message over no matter what i do. is there any way i can fix this problem? do i have to buy a new hard drive?i am stumped
2 REPLIES
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: it's weird

Hi,

Can you provide more detail please?

There are many system recovery methods (One Button Disaster Recovery -OBDR) as an example.

If you provide the instructions that you followed it may become clearer where the problem lies.

Thanks

Brian

professordites
Occasional Advisor

Re: it's weird

i am trying to do a system recovery on my hp pavillion. i put the disc in & i'd boot from the recovery disc (this is before my current issue) the problem before is that it wouldn't complete all seven discs... it would only go through the first disc. no matte how many times i tried doing this, it still would only go through the first disc then say it was completed. & when i was in windows i saw that it was formatted, but did not deleted any of my unnecessary files.

so i removed all the unnecessary files in add or remove programs. then, i tried putting the recovery cd again... booting from the disc & as the partition was loading it gets to 1%, but then it says ''disc read error,'' then i press enter to continue, then it states, ''no hard disk found, cannot continue system recovery'' (which is my current issue) it won't do anything now. i'm wondering if it's my hard drive (since i deleted a lot of stuff on it), or just that the recovery disc is bad or my cd rom drive is gone bad. do you have any idea? any solution?