7388 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: latest bios for dl140 g3, dl160 g5 and dl360 g5

ahnic
Occasional Visitor

latest bios for dl140 g3, dl160 g5 and dl360 g5

Hi,

I have 3 old dl servers (dl140 g3, dl160 g5 and dl360 g5) need  to update the bios/rom for cpu or memory upgrade. I try to download the latest bios from the hpe site but they are all restricted  and the web keeps saying I need to link the warranties or service agreement to download. I don't have any warranties or services agreement of these old servers but I do have their S/N attached to the servers. The other venders such as Dell, Acer can download the latest server bios freely. How can I download the lates bios/rom? Anyone can kindly share them out?

Many thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

A server must have a "Active" warranty or contract to get certain firmware's downloaded.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee.

>> Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

>> Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

drwelson
Occasional Visitor

did you ever get the bios for your servers?  I also need the ROMPAQ Diskette for my DL380G5.

drwelson
Occasional Visitor

Why?

Vicente_Filho
Occasional Visitor

I bought a used server from hp, model ProLiant DL360 G5. however I saw on HPE's own website that it is highly Recommendable Upgrade to the latest available version which is 2015.
however my server is not under warranty. how then do i get this file for update (even if i take all the risks, as i know how to deal with bios failures, due to my 26 years of experience in the field, i just need the file only)

where can i get it?
does anyone have a direct link