New Discussion юеВ

licence for RDP (bl20p)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sergey Akalaev
Occasional Contributor

licence for RDP (bl20p)

Hello,
i have two BL20p farms with 8 servers in every chassis. I install this servers with RDP. I take licence file at http://www.altiris.com/registration/hprdp/ for RDP. Only 8 servers registered in RDP console with this licence file.
My question is the following. For remaining 8 servers i must install second RDP and take other licence file or i can use already installed RDP? If i`ll use already installed RDP then how i can add remaining 8 servers?

Best regards,
Sergey
4 REPLIES 4
sputnix
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: licence for RDP (bl20p)

Hi Sergey,

under Start --> Programs --> Altiris is a Licencing Tool.
Start this and import your second licence file in your already installed RDP.
No second RDP necessary!

andreas

Sergey Akalaev
Occasional Contributor

Hi Andreas,
when i added second file to Licencing Tool all my old configuration on RDP console was deleted. After this operation (adding to Licencing Tool two licence files) i can add to RDP console 16 servers or this is only new config for 8 servers with new licence file.
Did you test your recommendation in practice?

Best regards,
Sergey
sputnix
Frequent Advisor

Hi Sergey,

I used the first licence file for installing my RDP Server. In my mind, I can only managing with the first licencing file the first blade enclosure. In my case 8 bl20pg2 Servers. Each enclosure more (next 8 blades)needed a new licence file adding in this licencing tool. The new 8 servers were showing under new computers in RDP. What do you mean with "my configuration ... was deleted"? Which configurations? I installed RDP for over a hundred blades on this way for a customer.

If you want more informations, there is a realy good forum on deploymentguru.com or bluewillowgroup.com. The guys are really good!

I think something is going wrong with your RDP installation or preconfiguration! Check the preconfiguration manual recomandations.

andreas

Sergey Akalaev
Occasional Contributor

Hi Andreas,

The fact that the server locates at our customer and I communicated with customer by e-mail and could not see precisely that he does. Now I clarified all. Your solution is working. Thanks for your help.

Sergey