1753340 Members
5386 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

locked scsi bus detected

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

locked scsi bus detected

I have to change a hp surestore dat24I on compaq proliant ml350 with other hp surestore dat24I, but give me the error: 1705-Locked scsi bus detected. System Halted
2 REPLIES 2
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: locked scsi bus detected

The locked scsi bus error is usually caused by a termination problem. Check all cables and terminators, make sure you arent double terminated as some devices are self-terminated. If you do not know this, check with the manufacturer of it. If you have any other questions, fell free to call us at 1-800-ok-compaq.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
steve johnson_13

Re: locked scsi bus detected

I have the same problem with a Proliant 800 and a Compaq 20/40 external DLT drive. The Proliant works fine without any SCSI devices connected and the internal Active Terminator connected. When I connect the DLT drive externally I receive a 1705 error on POST. The external DLT drive also has an externally connected Active Terminator on it. I've tried this with and without this terminator connected. If I remove the internal terminator from the Proliant, the message changes to a 1702 POST error. I've tried every combination of these two terminators with these consistant results. Do you have any ideas for solutions to this?