1752806 Members
6114 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

lost connection to network.

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

lost connection to network.

we have a ML370 server which is quite stock standard, expect for extra ram and a Smart array 431 controller, we are running Microsoft's SBS2000. we have had very few problems except for a few just recently. where the system for no reason will drop the network connection. nothing is in the event log and nothing seems to be amiss however all my users loose there network connection to all mapped drivers. after setting the server to run the same script as all my users I left it logged on and noted that when this occured the server it self also lost the connection to its mapped drives. I have been in contact with compaq's support agents and also with Microsoft but to no luck no one seems to no why this is happening if i reset the network connection IE (disable and then reenable the network connection) all is then restored. this tends to happen every few days. we also have trend office scan which seemed to cause the problem while it was autoupdating I have since disabled the autoupdate and the problem seems to have lessend however it still occurs... has anyone out there got any ideas on this one???
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: lost connection to network.

We have the same problem. We think it is Oracle causing our problems.