1748216 Members
3460 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: map windows partition to array

Harm Peter
Occasional Contributor

map windows partition to array

On our ML530 G2 running Windows 2000, we've got a few arrays in the ACU. We've got two arrays with exactly the same size and want to remove just one. The other one holds the SQL log files and shouldn't be removed because our DB would get corrupted if that partition is removed. In both the ACU and the windows disk manager I only see two drives with the exact same size and can't identity which array is which partition.

How can I identify which Windows partition maps to which array? Is there a utility I could use for this issue?
3 REPLIES 3
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

if you still use 2000 open survey file survey.txt and see by Logical Id # by Letter and by Free space or Insight Diagnostic for Windows. from ACU when you select ID it will keep Drive LED flashing, mark them and pull out when server down

Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Just in case if you use survey make sure last Update from top Date from last Wednesday otherwise run survey.exe
Scott_59
Frequent Advisor

I'm just wondering if you might have a Raid 1 mirroring set up.... since you mentioned "In both the ACU and the windows disk manager I only see two drives with the exact same size and can't identity which array is which partition."

That might change the way you handle things.

Scott