108806 Solutions
New Discussion

matter : add some memory ml350 g5

Ludovic52

matter : add some memory ml350 g5

Hello,

I have some matter to add somme memory on my server ml350 g5

it have 2 memory of 512MB instaled, and I would like to get a total of 3GB

I get to the mechandizer the good memory ( 2 more of 1GB each ) and I can't put them on the server without getting an error.

I solved the matter by removed the old two 512 MB who where already instaled and remplaced them by the news.

So now, I have 2 GB of memory instalated,

but I would like to get my 3GB of memory

I think I need to say in the bios (or somewhere) that I want to add some new memory, but I don't know where to do it.

Thx for you reply

and sorry for my very bad english :)

Cheers

P.S. This thread has been moved from Network Attached Storage (NAS) (Small and Medium Business) to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) - HP Forums Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Charlie Becker
Occasional Advisor

Re: matter : add some memory ml350 g5

Sorry for the late reply.  The website was down for maintenance when I first tried to reply. 

Thanks for your questions.  I was able to find documentation that should be able to help you.  You can find it here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&contentType=SupportManual&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121586&docIndexId=64255&manualLang=en

HP ProLiant ML350 Generation 5 Server User Guide

You might check to see if the user guide is translated to your own language.  In the guide, go to “Hardware options installation” and then “Memory options” for detailed information / procedure for installing your memory.

Thanks,

Charlie