108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

maximum cpu upgrade for proliant 300

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Flynn_1
Frequent Advisor

maximum cpu upgrade for proliant 300

I currently have a proliant 800 model pII 350e and I want to upgrade the processors to pentium III.

Does anyone know if this is possible.
10 REPLIES 10
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: maximum cpu upgrade for proliant 300

Hello Chris,
I was looking at the system board P/N for your server which is :
System/Processor Board only (350e to 500 MHz) 320978-001

Which means you can go upto PIII 500 MHZ if you would like to go forward with higher speed then you would be looking at replacing system board depending upon the CPU speed. To be honest the way the cost of system is going these days I would not suggest you to upgrade any older Server. You may end up spending more money then what you could have bought a brand new one for. Surely let me know if you would parts nos n stuff and want to go ahead with the upgrade.

Regards,
Chris Flynn_1
Frequent Advisor

does this mean that by replacing the system board I can go greater than pII 500mhz?

regards
Chris Flynn_1
Frequent Advisor

mistype in my reply meant pIII 500Mhz
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Chris,
Surely you can but that would entail a few parts replacement matching with the system board. Please feel free to ask the part nos. if you would like to go that route.

Regards,
Chris Flynn_1
Frequent Advisor

hello sunil,

Can you give me a list of the parts (which server they are used in) I would need to do this change so I can make up my mind.

Regards,

Chris
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Chris,
Here they come. I shall be sending it in two parts. First one would be Option parts and second one a Spare parts list.

Regards,
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Chris,
Here is the second one. Please let me know if I could be of any further assistance.

Regards,
Chris Flynn_1
Frequent Advisor

Sunil

Do you have the manuals for the proliant 800 that contain switch settings for pentium III 500 mhz processors. The manuals on the web site only cover up to pentium II.

I am looking for the maintenance and service and the setup and installation guides.

Thansk,

CHris
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello chris,
I shall email it to you or try to post it if the files are less then 1MB. If not then I would need your email address which you can send to sunil.jerath@hp.com

Regards,