6049 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ml110 g5 raid + 2008 R2

emoxam

ml110 g5 raid + 2008 R2

i've got server ml110 g5
s/n CZ101103GU
no extra cards or raid contrloller in the system!

loading throught the easy setup (the only CD i have "from a box") - ACU cannot find supported raid controller!
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=ru&cc=ua&prodNameId=3577715&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3577708&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4024#113214
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=ru&cc=ua&prodNameId=3577715&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3577708&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4064#113214

drivers from here or cannot help windows see the array or help to see but windows refuses to set up on the array, with "cannot be installed on this partition ot partition cannot be created" error.
the questons is - where i can get the drivers for HP Embedded raid controller on the motherboard for windows server 2008 R2 x64, with witch i can install the OS or - what will be better - witch i can install on the system installed in NON raid mode, and switch mode to raid mode int the end. because the system alredy installed on 1 disc, without any raid mode!

thank you!
9 REPLIES 9
happyhacker
Advisor

Re: ml110 g5 raid + 2008 R2

If it's any help the procedure for the ML115 G5 is to setup the raid in the BIOS first. Then I had to download the driver from the product updates page and this is installed (with a floppy drive in this case) when the appropriate drivers page is presented during the SBS (or maybe server 2008) install. Read the installation document pack carefully - that was my mistake!
emoxam

for sure i did the raid in bios. and did the raid1 in raid bios.
Windows 2008 don't need a floppy just because you can you flash drive which loads dynamicly!
as you can read in my first post i've tryed all the 5 drivers for raid (from 2 link i posted above). there was two ends.
1 - windows did not find compatible drivers, so the party is over
2 - wondows can see the array! "got it"! but after the partitioning on 100mb for system needs, 80Gb for system, and other 410Gb for DATA (on 2x500Gb in raid1) windows tells me "cannot be installed on this partition ot partition cannot be created"! did we understood each other ?

P.S. don't tell me about easy setup cd.. or dvd.. whatever..
ACU (array control utility) - was happy to tell me that there is NO compatible raid controller on my system. ml 110 g5 isletters on CD, ml 110 g5 is on my server. but NO compatible. for sure i know about smart start - but it is really logical to supose that there is only easy setup CD in a box just because only easy setup is compatible with this server, ant smart start doesn't compatible. perfect service for that money, or i am just a fool. mad fool.
sorry for little offtop.
happyhacker
Advisor

Well windows did not find my drivers until I unzipped the downloaded drivers file and loaded them onto a floppy! Maybe your 110 can find them on a USB drive. But one thing is sure it is possible to do what you want. I assume the state of you RAID in the BIOS is "Ready"? Note also I found that when I created the partitions during windows install it made them "RAW" instead of "NTSP". I had to format them again later. If you explain exactly in the install process the problem is maybe an answer will be possible.
emoxam

this is not fist my server. i know that drives must be unzipped.
do you install windows 2008 server on raid ? if yes - you should know that u don't need a floppy. it supports a dynamicly loaded flash drive. did u got it ?

NTSP - you mean NTFS ?
emoxam

do not make me a lammer please. i know how to set up windows 2008 server. my question was where i can get the driver ? is there a driver for this at all ?

and the main one question - if there is a driver - can i install it in already installed system and that switch mode to RAID without having a BSOD during OS boot ?
Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor

Nope, there's no driver for the built-in controller.

And as far as I know, the EasyStartCD doesn't support W2008 R2, either.

I've been upgrading a few of these myself, and what I've done is to add HDDs, an E200 Array Controller with extra RAM and backup battery(also needs a cable kit 457892-001 'Cable Assy, int 4Lane. SAS/SATA'), then setting up the array in the controller's bIOS and installing W2008 R2 manually with the M$ DVD only.
Seems to work OK...
emoxam

thats the reply that i was afraid of, so greed client will pay twice. windows software raid is the only hope for me. thank you!
happyhacker
Advisor

For my ML115 G5 I got a note in the delivered pack which said "Do Not Use the CD supplied with a RAID installation". What an idiotic way of dealing with this? So I have no manager software and seems I have to do all HP software updates by hand!

You will have to start again using the istructions from HP for your model to configure RAID and get it to the ready state then load windows and the driver at the appropriate stage.

Hope you get on OK.