1752273 Members
5026 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ml110 g6 - problem upgrading memory

anakin_2

ml110 g6 - problem upgrading memory

Hello,

I've bought two 4GB dimm for my G6 (my first HP, bought a week ago :-) ), but can't get system up. The dimm are two Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 1333MHZ. I've put them in DIMM2A and DIMM4B slots, with no effect. Is there any solution or these dimms are unusable?
Thank you very much
5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: ml110 g6 - problem upgrading memory

Hey!

So are they "HP" equivalent of any of the option numbers in the quickspecs?

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13477_div/13477_div.HTML#Memory

LIke this?

HP 4GB (1x4GB) Dual Rank x8 PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333) Unbuffered CAS-9 Memory Kit
500672-B21
anakin_2

First of all thank you for you quick response.

When I ordered the dimm I didn't check if they were equivalent (my fault, of course); I read in a forum of some guys using non ECC dimm with success, and so thought I could buy these.

So the correct way, if I'm not in error, is to use certified dimm (from your link) or equivalent ones at better price (equivalence is certified by the vendor, I suppose); for example, in this case the use of non ecc dimm may be possible or not, but without assurance of success.

I think I must buy other memory..

Thank you again.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

I think you do.

As far as I know - HP does not support any "equivalent" DIMMs - but as far as what I've seen on ITRC - they do work.
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Axiom has HP Server ram.

Ex:
If HP ram is 111111, then Axiom equivalent is 111111-AX. Add dash AX to the HP part number. Axiom makes a lot of HP RAM so it works fine. They do over night replacement. Usually HP is also next day replacement.
anakin_2

I've bought two kingston dimm (KTH-PL313E/2G) and all is correct. Thank you very much