108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ml330 smart array 641 error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Markus Lentinen
Occasional Contributor

ml330 smart array 641 error

I get the following error on a clients ml 330 server that had a raid 5 array configured.

cmd=11h err=020h dlu=082:5h

When i try to run smart start it says i have the controller on pci bus 4 but when i start the array configuration utility i get a message that no supported arrays are installed.
4 REPLIES 4
HGN
Honored Contributor

Re: ml330 smart array 641 error

Hi

The smart array controller should get recognized during the POST and if it gets recognized then the array can be created hitting f6 if that is not the case then you might want to reseat the card properly.

Rgds

HGN
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

the error (Cmd=11h, Err=020h) seems to indicate that the Smart Array Controller has failed. I've seen that error a few times, and it's nearly always a hardware problem. You will probably need to replace it (although the data on the disks should still be OK).

Regards,
Stephen
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor
Solution

As mention in the previous reply, this could mean a failed controller. Occasionally this can be caused by the other components in the SCSI chain. Disconnect the scsi cable from the controller, if the error goes away you probably are looking at something other that the controller, cable being the first suspect. Try reseating the controller in another slot and try updating the firmware on the controller.
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23681.html
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Markus Lentinen
Occasional Contributor

I solved the problem myself by detaching the other scsi controller in the system and moving the array controller to another slot and then upgrading the firmware. And then connecting it to the drives again. Thanks for the answers.

Markus