ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753681 Members
5808 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ml350 G3 - ultra 3 bios

David Chapdelaine

ml350 G3 - ultra 3 bios

Hi, we have a proliant ml350 g3 with 2 embedded 64bit ultra 3, and a smart array 532 controller.
When the server boot, the array is initialized succesfully, then the Compaq Ultra3 BIOS is loaded, and from that moment it seems to hang , waiting to find a device (10 minutes). After it has failed, i can boot linux perfectly. Disabling the scsi adapter solve the problem during the boot, but i loose an adapter.
How can i fix that?
thanks,
David
5 REPLIES 5
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

Try to upgrade the server's firmware to D14 ROM ??? 01/08/2003. There have been known issues with loading an OS during boot (see EL030116_CW01).
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
David Chapdelaine

this upgrade don't fix my problem, but appreciated.
It seems that the compaq ultra3 bios try to boot from a bootable scsi device, but i have none, only a tape drive. Changing the BIOS configurations only allow me to change the IDs.
Thanks,
David
david_747
Occasional Advisor

Try going into the F9 ROM based setup and selecting the correct OS in 'OS Selection' this fixed a problem for me where the systenm was defaulting to 'Other' which prevented my system from running Windows 2000 setup.
"I just wonder, Clive, if Beckham shouldn't get hold of it and put a threat on, instead of launching those Hollywood Balls towards the big Dutch feller"
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

Hi Dave,

Is the tape drive an AIT drive? I had this problem recently, and after a lot of hair pulling, I called HP and they just replaced the drive.
David Chapdelaine

Hi guys! I fixed the problem, I changed the internal-to-external scsi cable with a spare one and it solved the boot problem.
Thanks for your support,
David