cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ml350 g6 network performance problems

David Dean
Occasional Contributor

ml350 g6 network performance problems

We have an ml350 g6 running SBS 2008. 12 GB Ram, 2 TB total storage. Everything has been running great, but starting last Monday, workstations have a lot of problems accessing network resources. Outlook may hang or drop offline. It will take 5 minutes to save a file or open a file. Remote access and VPN are all but unusable. I am still working with Microsoft support (now Tier 2) to resolve the issue. They say all network components are working within normal parameters. I have tried a different network drop and a different port on the same switch. I have also tried a different switch. All workstations access other resources (printers, Internet) fine, but server can't access those resources.

Help!
4 REPLIES
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Re: ml350 g6 network performance problems

hi,

try to run Smartstart CD with offline diagnostic.

mikap
cnb
Honored Contributor

>Everything has been running great, but starting last Monday...

Was something changed over weekend during a maintenance window?

Rgds,

David Dean
Occasional Contributor

After 6 grueling hours Friday and 3 yesterday with MS support, we have the issue fixed. I can't say that I fully understand what was wrong or what fixed it. After changing switches and patch cables - which had no effect, we swapped the onboard NIC ports and plugged in a notebook with a cross over cable. It performed as expected. We plugged the server back into the same drop and switch using the same patch cable as originally used and all is working fine now. They decided it was the switch! Go figure. Thanks for the responses.
cnb
Honored Contributor

>Thanks for the responses.

Glad you got it working.

To thank people in this forum:

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Best Regards,