4090 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ml350 scsi/ham drivers not recognising disks with nw4.x

SOLVED
Go to solution
tony_127

ml350 scsi/ham drivers not recognising disks with nw4.x

I cannot seem to load the correct drivers for my ml350 to correctly configure the disks . The nssd drivers on smart-start don't seem to work - any ideas anybody ?
3 REPLIES 3
Arthur Chang
Frequent Advisor

I don't know your smartstart is which version,if you have 5.2 or before,you can refer CD disk,directory is cpqsupsw\nssd\nssd.hlp file,click "Installing NSSD" and "Installing Novell Netware",you can follow this file,step by step to install novell 4.X or 5.X with NWPA sipport
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Hi Tony;

It would be helpful to know what the exact error is when you're loading the driver, and details of your particular build.

Is the operating system already installed, or are you in the process of installing it?

Some models of ML350 have a newer scsi chipset on them and use a different driver - adpt160m.ham.

You can email me your server serial number at janine.bertolo@hp.com for clarification if you like.

Another thing to check is the device manager you're loading for the hard drives. It should be cpqshd.cdm; if you're loading the native scsihd.cdm, you can have problems loading the controller driver.

Cheers,

Janine

To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor
Solution

Tony;

I checked out your serial number, thank you.

cpqscsi.ham is indeed the correct driver, as evidenced by the fact that it is loading - NetWare will not load a driver if the controller can't be found.

Check the device manager as above - it should be cpqshd.cdm, and check that the embedded controller is set as the boot controller in the server BIOS.

Also, try loading cpqscsi.ham twice. You may have the hard drives on the other channel of the controller.

Cheers,

Janine
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.