1753918 Members
7579 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ml350g5 shutdown unexpectedly.

buding5876
Occasional Advisor

ml350g5 shutdown unexpectedly.

A HP Proliant ML350g5 often shutdown unexpectedly 3-5daysя╝Мthen all of the internal and external health led become red and on the system board the VRM2 led becomes orange, and the remaining leds are ok.I must pull out power cable 3-10 secondsя╝Мthen insert power cable.server can boot normally.But, on the system it is installed only one processor.
I have upgraded firmware use hp smart firmware dvdя╝М I replaced a system board and power supply and power backplan the symptom do not change!
I use smartstart cd to test serverя╝Мbut no any errorя╝Мand no error message in log about shutdown unexpectedly.
3 REPLIES 3
Dave.
Valued Contributor

Hi there,
Forgive me for starting with basics, are there any clues in the IML (Integrated Management Log)? What is tyhe operating system and do you have a recent version of PSP (ProLiant Support Pack) installed?
Regards, Dave
Regards, Dave
buding5876
Occasional Advisor

whether hdd cage and hdd intall in server├п┬╝ symptom do not change!

so i think symptom have no relationship with os or psp├г

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/Proliant-ml350-G5-do-not-boot/m-p/4090531#M71090

this thread's symptom is simular as my server,
but dont know last result.

LuckyP_1
Frequent Advisor

When you swapped these components last time:

1. System Board
2. PSU
3. PSU Backplane

Was these components swapped out after arrival of this issue, If yes, then your problem may be with failing PSU backplane.

Also, What kind of UPS you have, what is the VA of UPS and how many PSU are connected?