1752661 Members
5662 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ml370 rebooting

Sherry_20

ml370 rebooting

ML370 recently started hanging then rebooting. No changes have been made to the system. Any ideas?

ate: 11/1/2004
Time: 6:05:39 AM
User: N/A
Computer: aaaaaa
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000004d (0x0003cce2, 0x0003ff68, 0x00000000, 0x00007f9c). Microsoft Windows NT [v15.1381]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\MEMORY.DMP.

Also get -
vent Type: Warning
Event Source: Server Agents
Event Category: Events
Event ID: 1123
Date: 11/1/2004
Time: 6:02:02 AM
User: N/A

Compaq System Information Agent: Compaq Health: Post Errors were detected. One or more Power-On-Self-Test errors were detected during server startup.
[SNMP TRAP: 6027 in CPQHLTH.MIB]

11 REPLIES 11
Chris Roberts_9
Occasional Contributor

Re: ml370 rebooting

Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem as I am having a similar error in the event log for.

System Information Agent: Health: Post Errors were detected. One or more Power-On-Self-Test errors were detected during server startup.
Sherry_20

I have received no response on this. I also have no solution. Nothing has been resolved. Does anyone have any ideas?
Hugh McDaid

I have a similar issue on a DL380 G2 and it appeared that one of the drives failed. You may want to check to see if one of your drives is down.
Frank M. Catucci

I have a ML370 G3 and I am having the exact same issue. Server hangs and reboots like every day or two and I receive the exact message in my event logs.

System Information Agent: Health: Post Errors were detected. One or more Power-On-Self-Test errors were detected during server startup.

I can not find a reason or resolution for this anywhere. If anyone has any ideas can they please contact me.

Thanks,

Frank
Gene Pinson
Occasional Advisor

I am running on a DL360 G1, and am currently exhibiting the same issue, mine just started a few days ago.

Has anyone come to a solution on this?
Frank M. Catucci

Gene. I found a solution that worked for me.
I had to update the system ROM.
The online ROMFlash can be downloaded at http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21948.html. This ROMFlash may be run online, and the new ROM will take effect the next time the server is rebooted.

After I flashed the ROM with the latest version and rebooted the server, the issue was resolved.

Thanks,

Frank
fcatucci@firstbristol.org
Gene Pinson
Occasional Advisor

Unfortunately, I am running on a DL360 Gen 1. The last firmware that was released for it was back in March '03.
Karthik_23

you can check the exact errors from HP proliant Integrated management log viewer.

Gene Pinson
Occasional Advisor

Turns out it was one of the recent hotfixes that appears to have triggered it, after removing the hotfixes, it appears to be working fine. Currently waiting a week between the installation of each individual patch, will post which one seems to be the issue when I figure it out.