1753543 Members
5459 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ml570 g3

andycook0

ml570 g3

System Fans run at high speed continuous,Have updated with latest bios still the same. Any ideas? Also i have had the system board changed too and updated with latest bios again.
The system has 4 processors with 1 fan per processor also unit has 2 fans behind the drive cage.
6 REPLIES 6
raadek
Honored Contributor

What processors have you got? Dual-core ones by any chance?

I am just curious - they are hot like hell, but still as fans are redundant (you've got 6 of them) they shouldn't run at the high speed.
Don't panic! [THGTTG]
andycook0

Here ya go,

4 of these are installed...

348110-B21 ProLiant ML570 G3 / DL580 G3 Xeon MP 3000-8.0MB Processor Option Kit

No errors are showing anywhere btw.
Dmitry_75
Valued Contributor

Hi!

Tower models ship with 3 fans, and optional fans can be purchased for redundancy if a primary fan fails. If you have 4 installed fans-
its redudant configuration with 2 fans failed.
Solition1 remove 1 fan Solution2 add 2 fan
imho
andycook0

There is no room for extra fans,The unit is rack mounted.The unit is NOT showing any fault lights and nothing in the fault logs.The Fans all run at high speed constantly, i have tried replacing them from another server with workin fans.ie. replacing 1 fan at a time ..result same fault.
Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

not sure if it also fit for generation 3 Servers, but please have a look in the rbsu and check the FAN RPM - if it's avaible you should have the option to set FAN Speed to "normal" instead of "high".

also be s├Г┬║re to have the latestes health driver installed

if booth doesn't fit .. it may be a feature and not a bug =)

Cheers
Michael
andycook0

the server has all the latest updates and all health checks show normal.I cannot see any fan speed adjustment tool anywhere checked bios / system management tools etc.

I have noticed a SVEE led on the system board which is orange (no idea what thats for as i cant find amy reference on it)