ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753779 Members
7701 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: moving hard drive and raid arra form server hp proliant dl460 gen9 to server hp proliant dl460

armelkamgang

moving hard drive and raid arra form server hp proliant dl460 gen9 to server hp proliant dl460 gen9

Good morning 

Please i need your help 

I have a proliant HP server dl460 gen9
which always sends me the following error message "Server Critical Fault (Service Information: Fault Runtime, Memory, CPU 2 Memory Channels 1-4 (22h))" and the server shut down I had to change all memory cards but same problem.
so i opt to change server and move my hard drive and my controller raid on another hp server proliant dl460 gen9 after moving the server does not boot yet hard drives are perfectly detect as well as the controller raid

please save me 

1 REPLY 1
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: moving hard drive and raid arra form server hp proliant dl460 gen9 to server hp proliant dl460

@armelkamgang wrote:

Good morning 

Please i need your help 

I have a proliant HP server dl460 gen9
which always sends me the following error message "Server Critical Fault (Service Information: Fault Runtime, Memory, CPU 2 Memory Channels 1-4 (22h))" and the server shut down I had to change all memory cards but same problem.
so i opt to change server and move my hard drive and my controller raid on another hp server proliant dl460 gen9 after moving the server does not boot yet hard drives are perfectly detect as well as the controller raid

please save me 

Move arrays between servers on Gen9 and Gen10 works as it always has.. The issue is with UEFI boot entries, as they don't follow the disks like the array infriomation.  The UEFI boot entry information is stored in the System ROM.

Gen9:
When moved, you can use F9 to check on the health of the array by launching SSA. 

To boot you can select which disk or logical drive to boot from unde the One Time Boot Menu option, or under System Configuration - Boot Options -  Advanced UEFI Boot Maintenance - Add Boot Entry - Then pick the correct device and drill down to the correct .efi file to boot from and name the entry

Gen10:
When moved, you can use F9 to check on the health of the array by selecting the controller under System Configuration - select the diskc ocntroller, - Array Configuration. 

To boot you can select which disk or logical drive to boot from unde the One Time Boot Menu option, or under System Configuration - Boot Options - UEFI Boot Settings -  Add Boot Option - Then pick the correct device and drill down to the correct .efi file to boot from and name the entry

Once your system is bootable again, you can use the native OS tools to manipulate the UEFI entries

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!