ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752610 Members
4541 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: my HP ML370 server is shutting down after 20 mins of up time

Brian Beckstead

my HP ML370 server is shutting down after 20 mins of up time

My HP ML370 s shutting down after being up for 20 mins? Anyone know how to fix this to keep the server up. It this a firmware issue or a fan issue?
6 REPLIES 6
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Is an ML370 an HPUX PARISC or IA server ?
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

Full, clean, shutdown, or just an unresponsive system?

I'm a little fuzzy on this one, b/c it's been quite a while, but I'll give you an instance of one particular thing I remember hearing about.

There used to be hard drives out there with "green" functions on them, which only worked well with Windows OS's telling the drives to stay up. From what I recall, 20 minutes was the default time out time. The fix was a jumper setting on the drive itself, unless you've found a software fix. This happened when folks took the Seagate equivalent to HP branded drives and used them in their HPUX systems.
We are the people our parents warned us about --Jimmy Buffett
Brian Beckstead

it is a ML370
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

This forum is only for HP-UX, not X86. I've asked it be moved to the proper forum.

>Tim: Is an ML370 an HP-UX PA-RISC or IA server?

google says no.

Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Brian,

If this is a Windows based system check the contents of the Integrated Management Log (IML) using the IML viewer - (Start-Programs-HP System Tools-IML Viewer). Any hardware issues will be logged in there and might give you a clue to the underlying problem.

Although you state it to be a ML370 you haven't stated the generation G1, G2, G3 , G4, G5. It would be useful to know the generation of server involved as each has it's own issues.

Regards,

Brian
uzy

I have a simiilar shutdown problem with G5, but not sure if it happens after 20 mins consistently